For you (other) manual camera fans who might not have seen this yet, I
thought I'd mention that Vivitar has reintroduced their 285HV flash
units. They are selling brand new for just under $100 currently. And
they have trigger voltages of less than 6 volts, which means they are
safe to use on modern cameras too! Just got mine in the mail the other
day. In fact, I was so fed up with Canon's crazy ETTL I sold my $300
Canon unit the day I heard the 285s were back!

And to put a vaguely Pentax spin on this post ... I'm curious if
Pentax's PTTL system is any good? A quick scan through the archives
found at least one person who wasn't so thrilled. I'd like to hear
more. Thanks!

--
~Nick Wright
http://blog.phojonick.com/