In the latest issue of Chasseur d'Images, they test the effectiveness
of the Antidust from different vendors. Basically their conclusion is:
it doesn't work too well except for Olympus.
All the others work to some extend but a lot less effective then Olympus.

Of course one can wonder how to really test this kind of stuff.

2007/2/24, K.Takeshita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On 2/24/07 2:58 AM, "Brendan MacRae", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone used the dedicated Pentax sensor cleaning
> > kit?
> >
> > Is it worth the $35 and shipping.
>
> I have had no chance of using this, but I was looking for it here.
> There have been a few reports of actual use in Japan and they are all
> reporting it works well.  But they equally reporting that the price is a bit
> steep :-).
>
> It is apparently made of silicon rubber (or something, but don't take my
> word) which is just sticky enough to lift dust/specks which cannot be shaken
> off by usual DR motion.  The tip is square, covering the area of 1/4 or 1/6
> of sensor (actually low pass filter) size.  So if you go over the surface
> systematically 4 times (or 6 times, I do not remember which), you can cover
> the whole area.
>
> Since Pentax Service Centres (at least in Japan) are using this when users
> bring their camera in, I suppose it is another proof that it works.  In
> fact, I understand that Pentax created this for their own use first.
>
> As I said, price is rather .......
> But I suppose it is a matter of cost vs benefit.
> As for me, so far, conventional puffing method has been sufficient but you
> never know when you need "sticky lift" to get rid of stubborn dust:-)  When
> you need it, you need it.
>
> Ken

Thibault Massart aka Thibouille