On 2/3/07, Godfrey DiGiorgi, discombobulated, unleashed:

>The Sigma DP-1 might be an answer. Supposed to be the same sensor
>going into the Sigma 14 DSLR, so it should have decent rendering and
>sensitivity. 40mm f/4 is about a stop slower than I'd prefer but it
>might be workable.

Interesting. But still no viewfinder. I hate composing on the LCD. My
carry-around at the moment is my son's broken Pentax 750Z. He dropped it
and the very flimsy knob on top popped off - broken at it's plastic
mounting points. We got it used from eBay, so no sweat, I repaired it.
Except that it's stuck on Auto-everything :-)  So I got him an A10
instead and I carry the 750Z as a snapcam, lives in my PowerBook bag
(slim insert from LowePro Stealth backpack). I love the fold-out screen
(like the Canon G2, but with much less bulk), and the fact you can fold
the screen to protect the LCD (as it bumps about anywhere - it gets
treated like a hellcam ;-) but it's agonizingly slow in shutter response
but WTF. It works (just).

The Mrs' birthday is tomorrow and she's got an Optio S6 - so we have
more Pentax cameras in this house than anything else! I guess that
assures my presence here....

Come on Pentax, stuff all this DSLR nonesense - give me a neat little
digital rangefinder that takes Limiteds!

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__