From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Peter Lacus
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 2:54 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: beauty shot: Pentax K10D- 17mm lenses are out there

Godfrey,

>>...(lack of artificial look also playing significant role)..
>

> A digital camera can produce any look you want. It's all in the image
> processing. And that's not something learned overnight. The more you
> do, the better your results will be.

unfortunately, I can't agree completely. Some limitations are built-in
to system and you can't overcome them easily (Nyquist frequency, pixels
arranged in [Bayer] matrix) and when they play together against you,
some artificial flavour to picture is pretty much inevitable (such as
moire or aliasing). Indeed film does have its' own set of limitations as

well (for example limited dynamic range) but I'm used to them.

Of course I expect my skills will improve over time (I can now produce
better results using ACR than one month ago) but I expect the RAW
converters will improve as well. :-) However I don't expect miracles -
rendering on film will always be different than on digital IMHO. Not
better nor worse, just different...

Cheers,

Peter