From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Peter Lacus
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 1:45 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Pentax and Foveon?

Hello John,

> why have you trucate edited my comments to make
> them out context? I was just commenting that
> in terms of resolution, a 3Mp true color sensor
> is more resolution than 10Mp bayer type sensor which
> is really only 2.5Mp true color upconverted/interpolated
> back up to a "fake" full color 10Mp., that's all.

I don't think they were out of context but I'm sorry if you felt it that

way. As I understand it you were comparing the resolution of "3Mp true
color sensor" to that of "12Mp Bayer sensor". I just think it's probably

not entirely fair comparison because IMHO with Bayer sensor you are
getting full resolution luminance information, it's just colour
information what is incomplete and needs to be interpolated. I'm with
John Francis on this one (3Mp Foveon =~ 6Mp Bayer) or I may even prefer
6Mp Bayer over 3Mp Foveon (depending on subject).

Cheers,

Peter