I tend to shoot single frames. Continuous mode doesn't require
spray-and-pray shooting, although it's difficult no to if the camera is
setup for 8fps (That's actually one reason I don't want a high fps
camera, the other being the inherent audible noise, my 10D is rather
quiet compared to a 20D, let alone a 1D).

-Adam