----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian"
Subject: Re: New Pentax Ad Campaign

>> http://nedbunnell.blogspot.com/2007/01/k10d-waterhousing.html
>
> Those are the oddest U/W housings I've ever seen...
>
> and from the website http://www.splwaterhousings.com/index.html
>
> "Splash housing means our housing are for shallow water not for diving.
> We rate them for 15-20ft max."
>
> Not very useful IMO.

I have a couple of friends who Scuba dive. After 20 or so feet of depth,
equipment requirements for both cameras and diving get more stringent.
Anything past about 20 feet, you are needing a fairly powerful strobe to cut
through the murk, and this presumes a clear water dive. These housings are
built for tourist divers who want to play around in coral reefs and the
like.

William Robb

But we did get our hopes up with this one.  Pentax cameras are probably the
hardest cameras to try to shoot with underwater.
This is why I have a complete Nikonos system.  I would have loved to have the
chance to use my DSLR.  With the Nikonos rangefinder it is with practice that
one gets the focusing right and gets the picture.  I am still learning and it
is still frustrating.

But, it does not matter much to me, I still do not have a K10D.  I was waiting
for its arrival at my 'local' photo store back in Florida.  Meanwhile,
surprisingly, my *istD continues to take shots though it is obsolete :-)

Looking forward to being back in Florida this weekend,

Cesar
Panama City, Florida
in Baltimore, Maryland