Brendan wrote:

> Fine we'll bring back the Super Program just for you.

Brendan, your lineup has more duplication than the current one.  Why
have the MZ-5n and MZ-3 both there?  The differences are marginal.  It
would be like keeping the MZ-5 and the MZ-5n in the lineup.

And why axe the MZ-30 without replacing it with a low-cost alternative?
Or are you suggesting that Pentax should just drop the price on the 7 to
the 30's level?  Why not just suggest that Pentax drop the price on the
MZ-S to the price of the MZ-5n, release a hybrid digital/analog body for
$700 and make an LX with autofocus out of solid gold for $999?  That
would be a competitive lineup.

All these posts about dropping the price on this or that have to take
into account that Pentax are a company that needs to make money.  They
are smaller than Canon, and don't have an office equipment division to
prop them up when the market is bad.  They will probably never deliver
the best camera ever for the lowest price ever.  I do believe that they
have more great cameras in them, but I believe that we will have to pay
above-cheapest prices to get them.

-Aaron