On 3/14/07, Bill Lawlor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have been using an Epson 1270 ever since they came out. I'm not familiar
> with the newer printers. A friend of mine wants to set up his first digital
> lightroom. He wants a good photo quality starter printer. I think he will be
> satisfied with a letter size print at this time.
>
> What's hot in photo printers these days? I've never used anything but
> Epsons.
> Thanks, Bill Lawlor

Bill,

The Epson R260 and R380 are the current letter size offerings.  They
both use the same ink cartridges and differ primarily in the extra
features, such as a preview screen on the 380.  Both of these are
descendants of the R200/R300 printers.  We currently have an R320 and
are quite happy with it.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com