Hi Pentaxians

I took the K10D, the Tamron SP 500mm F8 mirror lens, the Monostat monopod
and the Pentax AF400-FTZ flash for a ride on the bicycle this early morning
to the allotment to take some photos of the breeding starling.

It's far away from an ideal setup for birding (but it's what I have ;-) but
luckily starling are quite big and I could go as near as 10 meters after
some very patient waiting.

K10D, Tamron SP 500mm mirror lens ISO 200, F8 1/125, Flash at hi manual on
K10D , raw, acr converted, adjusted and cropped to about 60%:

http://www.mypage.bluewin.ch/solicom/stare1.jpg

http://www.mypage.bluewin.ch/solicom/stare2.jpg

I will go again for some starling photos for a comparison and use the Tokina
400mm M42 next time...., my Pentax tele/zooms are too short at 200/210mm.

greetings
Markus