321 is not a problem, except that they close it for blasting from noon
to 2pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You might have a ten minute hold up,
but that is not usual. The contractor is real good keeping the road open
(so far). In fact I ran it down to Charlotte Tuesday morning and back
late Tuesday evening with no hold ups at all. However if you run it when
it is closed it will add a full hour to the trip, the detour is about 50
extra miles, so if you are running it Thursday afternoon take Bill's
advice to heart. It is 20 miles farther that way, but the speed limits
are higher. 421 is now divided highway from 77 to Boone.

-graywolf