Doug Franklin wrote:

>William Robb wrote:
>

>>I expect that the Interstate highways would make it the quickest,
>>but I would prefer to avoid large urban areas.
>>

>The raw route that Google gives doesn't look too bad.  I can't speak for
>the run across the Midwest, but the route it gives from Louisville to
>GFM doesn't look terrible.  As for gentle routes, my main advice would
>be to go farther south before turning east, like maybe Fargo, KC, St
>Louis, Louisville, then the route from Google from that point.

Bill, I'll try to chime in on this too - I think Doug is right about
staying west of the Mississippi until
you get down farther into the states... but give yourself some choices
that let you swing a bit left or right
to avoid serious weather.

Even though taking the hypotenus (sp?) is more direct, the straight down
through ND,SD,etc til you hit
route 40 would be my suggestion for avoiding the most congestion.  The
cities you do hit won't be
mega Gothams.  Route 40 is my favorite cross country highway..  Although
29 down through Kansas City
from the border below Winnepeg , 70 to 75, 75 down to the mountains
might not be terrible.

And My way will keep you on flat flat flat roads for a long time :)

ann