Tiger Moses writes:

> What are youusing to scan negatives/slides of 120 film?  and what is the
> resolution of that equipment?

 I'm using an Agfa Arcus 1200.  It will scan anything transparent up to 8x10
(up to 4x5 without glass plates), and printed material can go a little bigger (yes,
it is quite a large scanner).

 Its rated at 1200x2400dpi (2400x2400 interpolated).

> Do you recommend someone buy the same thing?

 If cost is a limiting factor, yes.  Mine was only NZ$1800, which is well under
$1000USD but I did have to purchase a SCSI card separately which cost me
about NZ$40 from memory.

 Its great for scanning to the desktop (I run at 1280x1024) or the web.  I would
prefer better sharpness and a little more resolution (particularly for 35mm) but
its software driver is excellent, and it comes with Photoshop LE.  In fact, the
software is so good (once you've set it up right) that I haven't even looked at
Vuescan.  It also came with some colour management software that I haven't
used except for the odd print I've tried.

 Also the Dmax is a bit low (but probably a more "honest" figure than other
vendors) so dark areas can pick up a little noise.  This hasn't hugely bothered
me yet.

Cheers,

- Dave

David A. Mann, B.E. (Elec)
http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/

"Why is it that if an adult behaves like a child they lock him up,
 while children are allowed to run free on the streets?" -- Garfield