Hi Bill,

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:59:22 -0600, William Robb wrote:

>Bravery overcame foolishness, and I decided to check how accurate my K10 was
>for focus accuracy.
>It turns out, not very.
>So, armed with the instructions and a focus chart I downloaded a while back,
>decided to adjust the camera.
>Now my camera's AF focuses better.
>Interestingly, I could see no difference on the screen, but a big difference
>in the sharpness of the pictures.
>
>Did anyone else check their cameras?

Not yet, need to invest some into it :-)

Did it a year ago with the *istD, but no means of correcting then.
It was off a little on the 50mm 1.4 and the FA* 85 ...

>And if so, what were your results?
>
>I'm thinking I won't upgrade my firmware on this camera, in order to
>maintain access to the debug mode.

That is what I will do too ...

Did you test with different lenses ?
If so, was there a large spread in needed correction ?

I would assume testing with fast glass is best ...

Regards, JvW