That's precisely the way we go from Gastonia

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John
Sessoms
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 6:23 PM
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: RE: GFM Question: Charlotte to The Mountain

> From:
> Bill Owens
> 321 is under construction between Lenoir and Blowing Rock.  I would
suggest
> I-77 to 421 to Boone and 105 from Boone to Linville.  At the stoplight
(only
> one) in Linville, turn left on 221 for about 2 miles to GFM.

Or take I-40W when you come to it at Hickory and exit at Morganton. From
there, take NC 181 up to Linville. That'll put you about 2 miles south
of GFM entrance on US 221.

Be advised, however, NC 181 is a 2 lane mountain road with switch-backs
& lots of hairpin curves. I like it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.