----- Original Message -----
From: "John Francis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

(snip)
> ... and even the
> best orange mask removal can cause colour aliasing artifacts and/or
> a slight colour cast at the extreme ends of the intensity range.

John,

Could you describe "colour aliasing".  I can't find the term in the
literature I have.  I know that "aliasing" is about how the transition
between adjacent contrasting areas of an image is managed.  I can't
understand how the concept relates to the way that the colours of an
image are managed.  Of course the two concepts may be completely
separate and the common word is a red-herring.

Regards,
Anthony Farr