> I almost wonder if I can just forego the 85mm altogether. I love my
> 85mm on my EOS1D, but it's FOV on that camera is like a 100mm lens on
> a 35mm camera. And back when I was shooting Pentax I had a 28/2.8, a
> 50/2 and a Sears 135/2.8. And I'll tell you what, that Sears lens was
> one of the sharpest lenses I think I've ever owned. I think I paid $5
> for it back when there was a KEH store in Dallas.
>
> So maybe I will just forego an 85mm?

        If you want pretty good quality for less money, take a look at the
Jupier-9, 85mm/2.0.  Completely manual and Russian-built... quite solid
and heavy.  Very nice bokeh with something like 20 aperture blades and a
good soft-ish image wide-open.

http://m42.povlab.org/lens_detail.php?lid=89

        BTW, I too have a Sears 135/2.8.  Very nice lens... wish I knew
who made it for Sears.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *