From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Cory Papenfuss
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:33 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: RE: Metering Takumar lenses

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> If you are out of the meter's range, you can still
> use the camera, just shoot manually at apertures
> you want to use and adjust the shutter speed until
> you get a good histogram/review image on the LCD.
> At really low light levels its going to be the only way
> to ensure accurate exposures.
> jco

        ... except when taking mostly dark images with a small fraction
of
very white ones (think moon or stars).  If the histogram would have the
option of being logarithmic, it would be a useful tool for this type of
photo as well.

-Cory

*
* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA
*
* Electrical Engineering
*
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
*