No blown highlights on my calibrated monitors, either.

I agree with the ideas posted by others:

- The photo and bio, what you do, generally belong on another page
where the frontispiece should grab someone's attention and draw them
to look at more on your 'site.

- Having a search box with text input on the front page seems
distinctly out of place ... what would I be searching for? When I put
something in there and did a search, it brought me to a page with an
utterly different design and aesthetic.

- A list of clickable links, not "click here" links, that stays in
place would work better.

But a good first effort, surely better than the first effort I
created about 12 years ago! ;-)

Godfrey
   www.gdgphoto.com