On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 01:20:00AM +0800, Bong Manayon wrote..
> I think it's #3...buy the lens...could be a collector's item!
>
> I had one of them (the 1.8) once in my youth (I had an SP) and the
> photo got me intrigued so I pulled out the little red book and saw the
> entry for both the 55/2 & 55/1.8 were one and the same.  The
> specifications for both are an exact match with the exception of the
> aperture.
>
> http://www.bong.uni.cc/takumar_mix_up.htm
>
> It appears that the 55/2 is the standard lens for the SP1000 while the
> 55/1.8 is the alternative lens for the ESII and the SP F (vs. 50/1.4).

Well, for what it is worth, I have both a Super Takumar 1.8/ and a 2.0.
Both have a front ring that corresponds with their diafragm ring.
I have neither a ESII or a SP F.  I think one came with my SP and one
with my SV or S1a.

Maybe this helps:  http://www.aohc.it/slr02e.htm and
http://www.aohc.it/tak03e.htm

My SP1000 came with a SMC Takumar, not a Super Takumar.

What this all means is the question, exchangable lenses being, uhm,
exchangable ;-)

>  That data comes from the white pamplet which is newer.  My guess that
> the 55/2 should have been the low cost version...

Sounds reasonable.

> Bong
>
> On 3/26/07, Igor Roshchin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I came across this image:
> > http://www.isphera.boom.ru/download/cameras/DSC_2369.JPG
> > Note two things: the front surface of the lens says:
> > Super-Takumar 1:2/55
> > The aperture ring has 1.8 position.
> >
> > I am puzzled. I don't have interest in the lens, it is just
> > my curiousity. My guesses:
> > 1. a lens that was put together from an SMCT 55/1.8 and 55/2.0 by
> > some craftsman;
> > 2. result of a good work in Photoshop;
> > 3. some weird case of a factory mixup.
> >
> > Thanks,