----- Original Message -----
From: "Cory Papenfuss"
Subject: Re: 645D Musings

>  That's fundamentally a difference in the performance of the
> technology.  It may still work given the subject matter or photo type, but
> the lack of grain <but> (or?) lack of fine detail is a technical
> distinction.

Absolutely, but at the same time, and I think more importantly, it is a
visual distiction.
We see grain or we don't.
Fine detail is there for us to see, or it isn't.
The eye doesn't really care what technology was used to produce the picture,
it only cares that there is sufficient technical merit to allow it to enjoy
the subject matter.

At the risk of being pendantic myself; pictures are about the subject (and
often are about the photographer) than they are about the technology used to
create them.
The camera is merely a means to an end.

>  I think we're more or less agreeing here... I'm just being my
> pedantic self.

I'm pretty sure we are too.

Enjoy

William Robb