You're probably right.  I do know the ME SE has that switch and the
Plastic cover had the short plastic rail to save the spring.  I've since
lost the hot shoe cover.  (On the other hand I still have the covers for
both the D and Ds, though now that I've said that I'm sure to lose one
or both of them).