Hi Michael,

The exact same thing happened to mine.  I took it in to my dealer who
took sent it back to Pentax Germany for repair.  Took about 4 weeks
for the whole round trip. On the plus side I did not fork out a cent
and my dealer loaned me a replacement K10D while mine was out of
action.

The factory repair report showed that they had to replace a board to
effect the repair.

Regards

Patrick

On 3/29/07, Michael Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My K10D malfunctioned and required factory repair.  I'll document the
> problem here in case other people have a similar issue and will know
> what they might expect regarding turnaround, mitigation, and results.
>
> When the built-in flash was raised, AF ceased functioning and the
> shutter would not release, even in MF with confirmation of focus.
> Using different lenses did not matter.  The flash did not appear to
> charge, as the indicator was showing not ready (bad cap, maybe).
> Burst flash AF assist did not function either.  Battery tested as
> okay.  No other problems were apparent, and the camera functioned
> properly in non-flash mode or with an external flash.  To the best of
> my knowledge, the malfunction is not impact/fluid-related.  The body
> has been in use since December 2006.  I'm not sure about the number
> of exposures so far, but I'd guess ~5000.
>
> I paid for 2nd day shipping each way to Pentax (Colorado?) from
> Oregon on March 23rd; Pentax does not cover shipping.  Bob at the
> camera shop (Citizen's Photo of Portland; nice guys, good shop) said
> this is the first manufacturer's defect he has had on a K10D to
> date.  In his recent experience, he said Pentax has been requiring
> approximately 10 business days turnaround.  I'm glad I never got
> around to selling my DL.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael Chan

Regards