[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In a message dated 3/30/2007 7:20:28 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  wrote:
>> In a message dated 3/30/2007 6:44:55 A.M.  Pacific Daylight  Time,
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>> Do your read  Spanish?  (Big clue:-)
>>
>> ===========
>> Yes, and TU  isn't Spanish, but Padre  is.
>
> Pardon me?  Tu = you or  your.
>
> ========
> Well, been a long time since my high school Spanish,  but su is your. I think
> tu is French. Mi is my. Mi casa es su casa.
>
> A  take off on "Your Mother"? I guess. Maybe my problem is I don't read
> French.
>
> Marnie aka Doe :-)

It is Spanish.  "Y tu mama tambien" (and your mother too) was a Mexican
movie in 2001 that was supposed to be pretty good.  "Tu" is the familiar
"you" or "your"

Su, like tu, can mean "your." The difference between your (tu) and your
(su) lies in the degree of formality the speaker wishes to convey.

       Mi casa es tu casa.
       (speaking to someone you would address as "tĂș")

       Mi casa es su casa.
       (speaking to someone you would address as "usted")

HTH

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net