On pics with a lot of detail, RPM makes a difference, particularly in
large sizes. but only on glossy or luster papers. I print a lot of 11
x17 on Premium Luster paper. You can see the difference there. On
matte papers, there is no noticeable difference.  (I don't even think
they have an RPM profile for Velvet Fine Art, although you can choose
it in the Print dialog box.) I've found that the specific ICC
profiles make a bit of difference in rendering, particularly with
Velvet Fine Art, where I use the VFA "Best Photo" ICC profile rather
than the drive installed profile.