Fri, 30 Mar 2007 14:30:41 -0800
William Robb wrote

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mark Roberts"
> Subject: What the heck - Another PESO
>

> > Chateau Chambord
> > http://www.robertstech.com/temp/temp.htm
> >

> That's certainly crisp and dramatic.

I second that.

I remember that I had problems there composing a shot that would
look nice as a stand-alone picture (as opposed to a set of
photos). Chateau Chambord has too many details, and if you try
to shoot the entire castle, all details become too small (and crowded).
If you try to shoot just one (or a few) of the ...   ghm.. what would
you call them - towers?  - then the picture is no longer reach enough.

Even in this case, I have a bit of the same problem I had with mine:
on one hand, there is no single "focus" point for the sight to catch on,
(because there are many of them), and it is not, say, a mesmerizing flower
field which works without any focus point.
Dramatic look created by B&W with contrast-enhancement (through
the conversion filter) helps in this situation.

There is indeed a desire to pan down a bit, as Rick Womer suggested,
but if I remember correctly, that would bring in more details of another
sort, and that can disperse the attention even more.

So, nice composition and B&W solution.

Igor