My wife is getting sick of surprises (not the type she really wants)! I
have done it, yet again, Bid and won a camera on ebay. A Spotmatic of all
things! I have 2 already plus 7 K mounts from a K2 to even a P5!
        My basic Spotmatic (those of you who know me know I refer to them as
"Funtaxes") system includes the SMC 28 f3.5 35 f3.5 35 f2.0 55 f1.8 and a 85
f1.8. The main reason I went after it is because it included 3 lenses and
the most significant is the SMCT 135 f2.5. This is the same lens as the K135
f2.5 some of us have.
        The set also includes a SPII, SMCT 55 f1.5, ST 200 f4, Metz 30BCT4 and even
a "Pentax Way" book. All this for 152.50.
        But, you know, there is no magic like a Spotmatic out in the bush. Yes it
takes more time and you cannot consume a roll of film in under 6 seconds,
but the keepers out number those images that are pitched.
        Flowers are in order tomorrow as I will break the new to her. Wish me well
and such.

Bob Rapp