Hi Jens

That flash system sounds a bit like the "Flashmatic system" on my old Olympus
Auto Eye - set the flashgun's Guide Number on the lever next to the lens mount,
then set camera to subject distance and the camera selects an appropriate
aperture.  I think the Auto-Eye dates from about 1960.

I have a weakness for old rangefinders as well - unfortunately the rangefinder
on the Olymous doesn't work :-(

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters