Hi David,

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 19:09:56 -0400, David J Brooks wrote:

>They had a 2gig Sanddisk, Optimum speed, what ever that is.
>My question is, and i don't have one to test, is how slow is a plain
>card. I have a hi speed card i bought with the camera, and the speed
>from shot to storage is great. Are these slower cards as bad as the
>write speed on the istD or should it be faster than that with the
>better buffer etc.

It will be significantly faster that the *istD, only if you need
more than 8 or so images in quick succession, you would
need the faster cards.

These will allow a few more before the buffer actually fills up,
but more importantly, the delay before the next series can
be shot is much shorter ...

But the bigger buffer is the major advantage on the K10D,
and you don't need a fast card for that!

Regards, JvW

PS:
Did some stork shots yesterday, and getting 10 images
in about 3 seconds really helps with some of them :-)