The MZ/ZX 5n fill technique has been described before, but bears
repeating.  Simply put your camera in manual mode and set the exposure for
the ambient background, turn flash on for TTL and turn the exposure
compensation dial on the camera to - 1, or what ever value you
desire.  Very easy. Even easier is to use a diffuser , such as the Stoffen
Omni Bounce, on your flash.  Because it eats up about 1 1/2 stops of
exposure you don't have to make any corrections on the camera or the
flash.  Just set manual exposure for the ambient background turn on the
flash and shoot. I have both the white and gold colored Omni's for my
Sunpack 444D.

DG