There were plenty of British Loyalists available, and a few atrocities
from both sides, mostly in the Carolinas.  The British perpetrated ones
are better known, possibly because they were actually worse, possibly not.

--
Entropy Seminar: The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekend lw uf
thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.