Hi Rob ;)

I did not notice any problem with WB except the need to manually
specify Tungsten when needed. Other than that it offers far more
tweaking possibilities than any other cameras I've seen.

About Auto-Iso and P mode: What is your custom setting for Program
mode? Speed, depth,MTF or normal? Maybe it has an influence (I did not
check).
Maybe using SV or TAV mode would be a valuable alternative to using P
mode with Auto ISO? Personnaly I don't really the point in using those
two together. If I really want certain AV/TV setting, TAV is there
exactly for this. And SV + program bias if ISO is critical.

Well that's how I see it.

About Viewfinder rotation: did not notice specific problem but indeed
(just like my ist-d) ensor and viewfinder are never exactly aligned so
if horizontal placement is critical I shoot one and check on the LCD
with max zoom and correct till I'm satisfied. Takes time but works
well. Of course, would be better if aligned correctly.

I don't shoot RAW+Jpeg anymore. I takes card space and if I need a
Jpeg anytime (for quick printing e.g. on a Canon Selphy) the camera
can produce a Jpeg from Raw anyway (yes you can even change WB when
doing that).

Hope it helps.

Happy to know you're back, Rob, even if you don't write 10 times a day ;)

--
Thibault Massart aka Thibouille