Hi,

I don't usually muck about much with photos, just presenting them more
or less as they come straight from the camera. However, here are a
couple of photos from a reedbed close to my house:

http://www.web-options.com/Reedbed/

I have altered the curves on both of these because the originals are
very muddy:
http://www.web-options.com/_4084933.jpg
http://www.web-options.com/_4084944.jpg

I'd be interested to hear peoples' opinions about these alterations.
Do they look natural? I've done them by eye, but I don't trust my eyes
in this sort of thing, being colourblind. Do they look overdone?

The more I look at them, the more I think the edited ones are overdone
and overdramatic. The unedited ones have a calm about them, despite
the muddiness, which I quite like, but I feel as though they could do
with something a bit more.

Opinions, please?

Thanks,
Bob