On Apr 9, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Paul wrote:

> I have just purchased a Pentax K100D Digital Camera about
> three weeks ago. Would it be adivisable for me to purchase
> a "screen protector" for its LCD screen?  If so, does anyone
> have any comments on the advantages and disavantages of
> the ones, which are currently on the market?

I've been carrying and using Pentax DSLRs for two and a half years
now, with no "screen protectors" on them. My cameras are not babied
but they are handled with reasonable care and kept in a camera bag
when not in use taking pictures. I've yet to see a single scratch or
mark on the LCD of any of them.

The LCD cover is hardened acrylic. Aside from deliberately gouging it
with sharp objects and pointed tools, or letting it bounce off your
shirt buttons and belt buckle constantly, it should impervious to
damage. I believe that the cover itself can be changed in a few
minutes any way and doesn't cost more than $20.

Any kind of protector blurs what's on the screen and makes it mostly
unusable to me. Or covers it entirely and hides it from view.

Godfrey