William Robb wrote:
> Hi:
> I have a file on my desktop that won't go away.
> It doesn't have an extension, it is zero bytes in size, and zero bytes on
> the disk.
>
> When I try to delete it, I get an error message "Cannot delete file: Cannot
> read from the source file or disk".
> If I try to change attributes, or copy it, I get an error: "The system
> cannot find the specified file".
>
> It seems like a ghost of files past.
> I'd like to get rid of it, but it doesn't seem to be there, except as an
> icon.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> William Robb

Found this on the intarweb, Bill.

Open a Command Prompt window and leave it open. Close all open
programs.  Click Start, Run and enter TASKMGR.EXE   Go to the Processes
tab and End Process on Explorer.exe.  Leave Task Manager open. Go back
to the Command Prompt window and change to the directory the AVI (or
other undeletable file) is located in.  At the command prompt type DEL
<filename>  where <filename> is the file you wish to delete.   Go back
to Task Manager, click File, New Task and enter EXPLORER.EXE to restart
the GUI shell.  Close Task Manager.

Lemme know if you need any help with it.

--
Scott Loveless
www.twosixteen.com