Every RAW file from the camera contains metadata, some of which is
EXIF data.
Every JPEG file from the camera contains EXIF metadata.

The EXIF data is embedded in the image file, you need an application
to view it. On Mac OS X, opening any JPEG from the camera with the
Preview application allows me to use the command "Tools->Get Info"
and browse all the embedded EXIF data.

I don't have PSE5. In Photoshop CS2, for any open file you can use
the command "File->File Info..." and a dialog will come up displaying
the metadata, including the EXIF data.

There are a lot of other utility programs available that will do the
same thing. A quick search should find one for you in a hurry.

Godfrey

On Apr 12, 2007, at 3:52 PM, Jack Davis wrote:

> I am using PSE 5. I'm wondering if EXIF data are available as a result
> of downloading RAW/jpg shots from a memory card.
> PSE 5 "HELP" defines it, but doesn't answer my question.
> IOW, if it's recorded, where do I find it?
> Low tech answer please. :)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]