On 4/15/07, Mark Cassino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmmm - not sure how I wound up here but looking over the last month:
>
> - In a March snowflake shooting session I fumbled the AF360FGZ and it
> fell just a foot or so, but in the cold that was enough to damage the
> battery door latch. It works OK but doesn't really snap into place. At
> any rate - I get anxious having only one flash that works with the K10D,
> so I picked up a second AF360FGZ. (I just don't need that other flash...)
>
> - three weeks ago I had a bad day at work which made me wonder why I
> bother working, so I bought a DA 16-45 f4 to justify having a job. First
> impressions: excellent lens, very nice focal length, a few steps up from
> the DA 18-55,  but still has a whiff of chromatic aberration in high
> contrast areas on K10D (my old FA 20-35 tests out slightly better still
>
> - though the zoom range is much more limited.) Glad I bought it.

One thing i noticed, and not sure why, but the 16-45 on the K10D gives
a sharper image, on screen, that the istD. I have both cameras "zero'd
out". The 50-200 appears to give a slightly sharper image on the K10D
as well, but less noticeable then the 16-45.

Still the images are not as sharp as the Nikon ones, "zero'd out".

Dave

> - Shooting wildflowers a couple of weeks ago I leaned too heavily on my
> old Bogen 3021 (the circa 1998 model) and broke one of the leg hinges.
> Probably time for a diet, definitely time for a new tripod. I had the
> new version of the 3021 (the "Pro" version that allows for sideways
> mounting of the head) in the trunk before I got home and changed out
> of my muddy clothes. (I still gotta see about fixing the old tripod.)
> The new one is vastly better for low-to-the-ground shots.

Let me know how that diet works out. I'll buy it from you.LOL

> - I was worried by the prospect of not having a mid weight tripod (the
> heavy duty Bogen 3026 is still around) but I was  downright freaked out
> by the prospect of not having the A* 200 macro for a while. My much
> beloved Kiron 105mm macro is OK on the K10D, but suffers badly from
> chromatic aberration on the K10D. So I ordered up a DA 100 f2.8 macro
> earlier this week and it arrived friday. First impressions - a really
> excellent lens, light, compact, one whale of a hood as well. First tests
> look quite good optically.  I doubt I will need a protective filter for
> this one - though I like the 49mm filter size.
>
> All this on the heals of getting the Compact Drive PD70x. A few more
> lenses and cameras and I'll be ready to quit work again. :-)
>
> WRT the lenses - I have to admit that up till the arrival of the K10D I
> was doubtful about the DA lenses. I figured (erroneously) that I'd shoot
> 35mm film for some time, and also figured that full frame sensors would
> be the norm in the near future. Missed the mark on both predictions, so
> I'm suddenly open to the DA lenses.
>
> Looking forward to a DA 600 f4 some day... :-)

Aren't we all.:-)

Dave

> - MCC

> Mark Cassino Photography