Brendan,

I haven't read all the replies from this weekend and some definitely know
more technically about CA and fringing than myself.  However, I sense that
the entire image is not truly in focus and that would definitely cause it to
have more of these kinds of properties than one that was in perfect focus.

FWIW, I almost never see CA or finging in my photos (nor do I spend time
looking for it).  What I see here though looks excessive, so I would suspect
inaccurate focus first.  If every photo with this lens is this way I'm with
Rob, maybe that lens is not a good one to use.

Tom C.