Hi Peter,

Overall I like it.  Velvia-like. :-)

I haven't said this is in the past.  Many of your photos have a hard
granular effect to them when I view them that I don't see in other's photos
and often seem to have over darkened shadows.

This picture, obviously with silohouettes will lack shadow detail, and
handheld at 1/5 and f/3.5 may lack some definition.

I don't know if you're going for that kind of effect or if it's something in
the post-processing (sharpening?), or resizing alogorithm, or monitor
calibration, that's producing it.  I don't know, maybe others don't notice
it.

It often gives an unnatural look.  In this picture I find it mostly in the
background water.  Lighting may play a part in that in this shot.

This was probably not the best shot to mention it on, but I thought I'd let
you know what I see.

Tom C.