Hi Frank,
Maybe this has already been answered for you, but that
is the "trigger" that is used to set the "automatic"
function on the aperture, on a Pre-automatic Takumar.
You basically "cock" the trigger, which sets a spring
mechanism which will be activated and stop down the
aperture to the f-stop you've preselected.  It was an
interim lens...between a "preset" lens, and the
automatic Takumar.  I actually have one in the 135mm
version. Regards, Mike (gotta love dem RedWings)Steele

--- Frank Theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1287267354