Sure I understand.  I got my son a really really nice pair of Sony earbuds
($100 variety) for his ipod.  I plugged them into my ipod and heard all
kinds of things I never heard before in recordings that I've listened to for
35 years.

The thing is, I'm kicking myself for getting HIM those earbuds when I now
can't justify the expense of a second pair for myself.

Knowing that I'm not going to run out and smack down that much money for
another pair, doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the music however.

Tom C.