Would like to add my own experience here: I'd picked up a digital camera for the
express purpose of increasing my exposures on a daily basis.
Well, I did just that and some 3000 exposures later I can honestly say my "keepers"
have not increased.
There goes a seemingly good theory out of the window- in future, I'll be concentrating
on making fewer exposures but will spend more time on preparation (lens selection,
viewpoint, composition, exposure etc.) for the shot rather
than increasing the gross number of shots.
RK