Frank or Ken, I just went and dug out my Dad's old camera and
flash.  The Yashica Electro 35 GS with Rollie E17C flash plus
battery was $143.30 CDN in 1973.  I think I will give it a try.  I
have the flash charging now.  The manual says the battery for the
Yashica was a 5.6v mercury battery, Mallory PX32 or Eveready
E164.  What battery did you use?

Frank Theriault wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently bought a Yashica Electro 35 on eBay, and I've been using it quite
> a bit due to the novelty.  It's fun.
<snip>
and
Ken Archer wrote:

> Try a Yashica Electro 35 GSN ($20 on ebay).  It was made about 1973
> with a super sharp f:1.7 45mm lens.  I got one and I am having a blast
> with it.
<snip>
Thanks.
--