Mike,

The unit looks a bit cobbled together, but it works fine and the AF360
is completely usable as a standard flash.  Here are some of the salient
points from when I made it.  I'm not going to take it apart to take
internal photos.  Like all modern electronics it's very tight and
delicate inside and should be played with as little as possible.

Here are some quick and dirty pictures of what it looks like.

 From above
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon/flash/FrankenFlash4259.jpg

 From the front
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon/flash/FrankenFlash4260.jpg

The socket on the flash
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon/flash/FrankenFlash4263.jpg

Folded up
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon/flash/FrankenFlash4264.jpg

Electronically it's easy - 3 wires and a plug and socket.  Mechanically
it's tight and fiddly.

The second flash tube is housed in the swivel head of a very old Metz
flash.  I initially used the tube out of the Metz as well, but it
eventually killed the main flash transistor.  I now use a replacement
AF360 tube in the Metz housing and it's been working for about 3 years
with no problem.

The second tube is simply wired in parallel to the first via a mini DIN
socket on the flash.  Do not use a headphone type socket as this shorts
out when being unplugged and you get a lot of sparks and mess.  The
wiring goes from the tube through the wiring on the opposite side to the
tilt locking button and to the mini DIN.  The socket is located in the
only place where there is any room inside the flash.  Be very careful
how you run the wires particularly in the head of the flash.  It needs
to be out of the way of the mechanism that drives the zoom.

The brackets are simply whatever I could find that put things in the
right place.  I'll rebuild the bracket with something that looks better
when it breaks.

The first prototype was made about 6 or 7 years ago using an AF240F
flash with a broken hotshoe.  It had no socket for unplugging the second
head and had an old hotshoe from another glued on it's side to mount
onto the bracket (yes the same bracket I'm still using).  I used it with
a Z1p and then the MZ-S before I retired it and upgraded to the AF360 to
use the PTTL.  This one is the second.

Hope this gives you an idea, but don't blame me if anything you do kills
the flash.

--
  Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au