No, I prefer Henry McKenna (a single barrel Kentucky Bourbon), or
Kilbeggan (an Irish whiskey) when I can afford it.

However, if you water Everclear down it is just like the other stuff
proof wise. In fact Everclear and pineapple juice (torpedo juice) was
the preferred drink of Marines in the South Pacific during WWII. The
stuff was intended for cleaning optics.

The reason you have to buy in in an ABC (Alcohol Beverage Control) here
in North Carolina is because it is drinkable and thus taxed to death.
Strange it only costs 1/10 as much as the stuff you buy at the camera
store, isn't it.

I can guarantee that it will remove decades old dried lubricants, as
that is mostly what I use it for. That is a 1970's tape deck in the
background.

-graywolf