I replaced my soft Pecker with the next frame.
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5907141&size=lg

This pose isn't quite as happy, and there's a bit of diffusion in his
wing feathers, probably caused by a foreground branch. But overall I
think it's better, but probably won't make the cut for the gallery
show, at least not for round one.  I also cropped it less. This one
is about 80% of frame. ISO 800 and the A4005.6 plus the A2X-S plus
the AF 540FGZ plus the Kirk Xtender. By the way I'm now using the
Pentax battery pack with the AF G40 FGZ. The recycling is quick
enough that I can get more than one shot of a bird. Seems to be less
than two seconds with fully charged Nimh batteries in the camera and
six alkaline C-cells in the pack.

Here's the previous pecker:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5905654&size=lg