My tests showed the K10D has an increasing tendency to overexpose in
the 'Manual/green button stop-down metering' mode as the metering
operated with the lens opening moving away from wide open. However,
the metering error is predictable and can be adjusted for.
Furthermore, you can use the Digital Preview with Histogram display
to see what the camera has set and perform a correction, no need for
a hand held meter.

So while it's inconvenient, I wouldn't say that K/M lenses are
unusable. It just takes a bit more time and effort to use them to
best effect.

Godfrey