Glad to be of help.

 From that description, it seems like exporting your finished work to
a 'completed' directory tree as I do and then letting ExpressDigital
Darkroom do its thing with that could work well, complementing the
original exposure import and editing workflow.

I find it important to separate my finished work from "work in
progress" this way. I always want to be able to return to the exact
file that made a print when I fulfill a subsequent print order and
not risk having modified it further inadvertently.

Sometimes being a photographer makes photography so much more
business management than it is making photographs... !

Godfrey