I think the Trek that my boyfriend purchased last summer is the
"hybrid" version of that same frame and running gear. Very nice
bicycle: very good equipment and a pleasure to ride.

I went for a Bianchi "San Jose" single-speeder model and then had it
customized: a hybrid seating position and a Shimano Nexus 8 internal
gearbox was installed rather than a derailleur set up. It does about
the same thing but the steering and handling are a bit faster, the
internal-hub gearbox is a bit easier to deal with in traffic.

   http://www.gdgphoto.com/bsj-8/

Godfrey