>Well, obviously no one liked the two mustard  fields, so another quick one
>before tonight. ;-)
>
>This goes with the  pleasant pastoral scene of Mt. Diablo I showed
>yesterday
>-- an accompanying  photo. Stop will also be an accompanying photo to both.
>
>And that is  probably it for this week on my series. Although I have some
>geese shots (that  won't work) that I may show this  weekend.
>
>http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/redonred.htm
>
>Comments  welcome.
>
>Marnie aka Doe

May I rain on your parade? :-) I'm doing so in all sincerity, not being mean
natured.

If your purpose is to document man's intrusion on nature, then I think
you've accomplished that.  I have to admit I don't quite understand the
point of it, because 1) we ARE part of nature and 2) we obviously modify our
environment more than any other species on the planet (I guess bovine and
termite flatuence takes 2nd and 3rd).  The Red on Red shot leaves me
thinking, "OK, so what? We all live in man-made domociles. Another
neighborhood built near a mountain.  Neigborhoods have to be built
somewhere."  The very fact that you have a digital camera that is is sitting
upon a high peak of 200+ years (if not 1000's)  of technological
development, allowing you to record the intrusion seems rather circular. :-)
  Is there a point that I'm missing or not getting?

Back to the photos though...  What is it that makes these photos special to
you? I ask because they don't strike me as special in any way.  They
document a scene, but so does any photo.  The one that had some meaning to
me was "Stop", because I thing you rendered the scene in an unusual way,
with the word "Stop" on the street looming large, and the background was
pleasing as well.  While I was personally uninterested in the subject,
nevertheless the image drew me in and I appreciated the aesthetics of the
composition.

That's my comments.  Not that I'm saying I'm qualified to be a judge, but in
my personal opinion, you have one photo that rises above the ordinary, while
the rest more or less render the scene, while remaining quite ordinary.
They don't make any kind of statement to me, either of a scene unusually
rendered, a beautiful scene or an ugly scene.  They evoke no emotions.

Tom C.